"Water is H2O, hydrogen two parts, oxygen one,
but there is also a third thing, that makes it water
and nobody knows what it is."
(D.H. Lawrence, 1885 - 1930)
Water is the elixier of life – living processes take place
in the water.
Water makes the world habitable and is irreplaceable
by anything else.
water is the universal solvent and means of conveyance.
The quality of water determines our life.
Water is considered as most important commodity of the
Shelter, preparation, quality protection, usage and water management are the key challenges of global, ecological, health, economical and
What is water chemistry in present times?
Water chemistry today is concerned with:
- all sections of the water cycle in consederation of atmosphere and soil
- the utilization and treatment of different raw waters to be used as drinking-, industrial-, bath-, mineral-, and curative water
- the characteristics of water, its constituents and the different transformations in water or caused by water and the balance of waters
- the treatment of process water before return in the natural water circle
- the control, standardization, and development of analytical methods
- the reactions and effects caused by different water types
The Water Chemistry Society is a divison of the Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker e.V.